- I cannot function until my classroom is laid out. My desk needs to be in its spot, the student's desks need to be in their spots.
- Face masks and eye protection are essential when riding ATV's in the AK Bush.
- Sometimes the best thing to do is to stop what you are doing and bake some bread!
- Internet is so nice.
- Keep your happy place happy.
- Make new happy places and keep them all happy too.
- Cellphones are still valuable in the AK Bush. (Who's going to call the pilot when you're stranded?)
- Steams are a bit scary at first for us Westerners, but oh do they feel so good.
- Sunrises are that much more beautiful when riding towards them in an open air ATV.
- Fur is awesome!
- Lesson planning never ends.
- Aha moments are super gratifying.
- Relationships with students are way cooler when you get past the just Teacher-Student phase.
- Shopping for nine months at Costco is really fun.
- Shipping for nine months at the Post Office is not fun.
- Family is so important.
- Always carry gloves and a beanie.
- Rain jackets seem useless when riding an ATV in the rain.
- -30℉ + wind chill on an ATV = Frostbite
- Church over the phone is so cool.
- Socializing over the phone at church is....difficult.
- Sometimes the best thing to say is nothing at all.
- Leave work at work. When you come home, be home.
- Be responsible for your actions.
- Be respectful of others and where you live.
- Listen before you speak.
- Toasters with a built in sandwich maker are really neat.
- Do your best to take care of yourself and your family and try not to rely on others. If you must rely on others, be respectful and grateful for their help.
- A little bit of preparation can make a whole lot of difference.
- Grocery store deli really isn't that good, but boy does it satisfy.
- Ice Cream in the fall is not a good idea.
- Planning time before school is worth its weight in gold.
- Netflix is a lifesaver.
- Amazon.com is my new best friend.
- Always pack an extra day's clothes. Always.
- I really like smoked salmon strips.
- Moose is really good too.
- Not a huge fan of sweet-and-sour walrus.
- A new appreciation for ATV mechanics.
- Just don't look at the prices, it'll make you cry. (If you want it, get it...bad life motto)
- Working six to seven days a week isn't healthy. Sometimes its just better to be less prepared. (I hope future employers don't see this) :)
- Dress up for Spirit days, even if you're the only one.
- Mr. Roger sweaters are pretty cool (warm).
- Don't fret about things you cannot control. Be happy with what you have been given.
- Smiling and laughter are great remedies to life's silly problems.
What Togiak Taught Tim
Kaitlyn had this great idea a few weeks ago about writing down what she thought was important points about her time in Togiak. I too thought this was a good idea; so here is my list of things Togiak taught me.
Togiak taught me (Version Tim):
8/18/2013 04:48:22 pm
I had to laugh at these two:
8/18/2013 04:58:34 pm
Awesome! Glad you learned stufx! I think a lot if those apply to SE too, especially "pack an extra day of clothes!"
Comments are closed.
Tim & Kaitlyn
A blog is where you talk about stuff....we do that here.
Friends & Family
Brady & Taryn
Karen & Brad
Mike & Alyse
Sarah & Jimi
Scott & Sharon
Tracy and Matt
Marshall & Jani
Tyler & Crystal
Carmen & Jeremy
Edgar & Sarah
Gus & Cynthia
Matt & Yvonne
Steve & Angie